Sunday, December 03, 2006



so where does this santa crap come from?

I'm in full respect of Jesus, but I'm having a hard time with how our society observes Christmas.
It's Jesus' birthday.
How about cake?
How about candles?
How about anything that reminds us how lucky we are to have a chance at redemption?

This doesn't include a fricken tree
or lights
or millions of dollars spent on presents no one gives a damn about in January.
Too many people don't have heat or food or water or shelter.
How in the world can we go on pretending like all is well when it's not?

Have you all seen "An Inconvienient Truth?" ???
go!!! it's your duty.

Life is short.
Give of yourself!
Donate time at a homeless shelter.
Donate a coat for someone in need.
Look outside & feel the pain that is Christ's donation to mankind.
Cry a tear.
Feel today.
Realize what it is to be human.

Happy holidays.

1 comment:

Wenchie LostElf said...

AMEN! I couldn't have said it better myself. I have never liked the Christmas Holidays. Even as a child, I felt that there was something really wrong about the way we celebrate this holiday. It's just totally out of control! I think it's just sad.